Oscar Nominees Can Share the Love with Homeless Pets

Halo Pets donation at the 89th Oscars

The Oscars are this weekend and the non-winning Oscar nominees in the top five categories will receive a special “Everyone Wins” nominee gift bag. According to Lash Fary, the curator of the unofficial gift bags and founder of Distinctive Assets, the most popular gift to date has been an opportunity from Halo Purely for Pets that allows stars to make a 10,000 bowls donation to an animal shelter of their choice.

“The most redeemed item in the history of doing this has been from Halo,” Fary said. “Again this year, Halo Purely for Pets is allowing the nominees to make a 10,000 bowl donation to an animal shelter of their choice. Julia Roberts, Julianne Moore, Meryl Streep, Rosamund Pike, Ethan Hawk, so many celebrities have redeemed that particular option.”

We are proud to partner with Freekibble.com and GreaterGood.org to donate more than 1.5 million meals to shelter pets each year through our #HaloFeeditForward campaign.

Read about Ethan Hawke’s donation.
Read about Tom Hardy’s donation.
Read about Lenny Abrahamson’s donation.

This entry was posted in #HaloFeeditForward, Belkis Cardona-RIvera, Bloggers and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Oscar Nominees Can Share the Love with Homeless Pets

1. Wendye Kolles says:

What a WONDERFUL idea! My love, prayers and blessings that every shelter furbaby becomes a valued member of a wonderful family who give them the love, care, attention, affection, protection and respect they so richly deserve.

2. Kate says:

How much better to give to animals than get some object that they either do not need or could buy. It is always good when animals benefit and it puts a kind edge on the Oscars which I probably have a jaded view of.

3. Joan Gosewehr says:

Fantastic!! Keep up the good work! Best of luck to all nominees!

4. Barb Thompson says:

I would hope that all recipients of gift bags would take the time to donate this offer to a shelter. Shelters are all in need of help to feed the animals they care for.

5. Arlene says:

Finally something good about the Oscars – helping animals. I would go see the movie that one of the actors contributed just as a thank you to them for helping.

6. Mary says:

Excellent idea to promote publicity for Halo, shelters, and the cause.

7. J. David Scott says:

That is absolutely wonderful!

8. Jeanne Glickert says:

What if they don’t choose a shelter, what happens to that donation?

9. S. O. Rooney says:

I would like to see a list of the actors that didn’t bother…

10. Kathy Lemke says:

I want to thank those stars who have redeemed their certificates to donate 10,000 bowls of food to their favorite shelter. I hope that this year all of the non-winning nominees will take advantage of this opportunity to help shelters and the animals in those shelters. I want to also thank Halo for making this donation possible.

11. Melinda Funk says:

I think this is such an awwesome idea to put in the gift bags for people to help homeless pets, to help make a difference. Halo Purely For Pets you are always there, thank you!

12. michele thomas says:

What a great idea. Hope all the nominees do their part.

13. Dolores Crawford McLaughlin says:

I will not watch the Oscars nor any other Award show; Fed up
    with these celebrities who think they know it all……they live in their
    own secluded world with others like themselves and have nothing to
    do with the “common man”………
    They are not Patriots of my country, the United States of America.
    I live in New York City my entire life and hate what is happening here;
    If you are not a citizen, then leave; they step on my Flag in demonstrations
    that are hurting all New Yorkers and true Americans……..they are committing Treason……..they should “get the ” out””
    And if Freekibble which apparently was bought from the original developer
    is the same well then I will stop going to their website.

14. Nadalee says:

Well, I think this is a fantastic idea!

15. marleen davis says:

Wow, these celebrities need to be coaxed into giving? I don’t understand why they get gift bags in the first place when their salaries are so out of proportion to the rest of the working class. Halo would be better to just donate instead of giving these people un-needed credit for doing nothing.

16. Diane Whitehead says:

We’re retired but donate to several animal charities and just adopted a 12 yr. old dog that had been in the shelter for over a year and four cats that all have problems. I love reading that Oscar’s will be giving the “non-winning” nominees gift bags containing the opportunity to donate Halo Purely for Pets to animal shelters! Thank you Freekibble for all you’ve done for the last several years to help animals and the young lady that started it all! I’ve printed and passed out several of your website information sheets.

17. Deb M. says:

I can only say thank you to the stars, to Halo and for publicizing such a generous donations from one and all